Quilting Bloggers

Quilting Bloggers Logo

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Make Your Own Monitor Cover

Flat Screen Monitor Cover


I had some extra 15 inch blocks made up and as I kept looking at them, I had an idea to make a monitor cover.

My monitor is a 17 inch flat screen. That is measuring diagonally across the screen from one point to another. Plus I have another 2 inches surrounding the main screen.

I took the 15 inch block and added two inch strips to the top and sides. Then I found a good scrap piece and sewed it to the top and sides, leaving the bottom open.

After a quick hem around the bottom, the monitor now has a cover. It slips over it just fine and keeps the dust out.

This is pretty easy for most anyone to sew up. It's also very quick to put together. If you don't have any extra blocks, just use plain fabric. You could also embellish it with something you may have laying around and not sure what to use that piece of ribbon, yo-yo or scrap piece on.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment