Quilting Bloggers

Quilting Bloggers Logo

Friday, October 5, 2012

How it's Done

Yah, I took that challenge to show how things are put together. So here is the first block put together in the 2012 Quilt Along. Here is the full tute from the lady that created the main block. Available for downloading at Pellon. Cathedral Window Block by Sew Sweetness
Layout the triangles on the base block.
Here is how to fold it back so you an create the 'window'.
Start sewing and go slow, no one is in a race here. Those little folds can be tricky.
Still with me? Aren't Tute's fun?! I love my Purple Thang, it was a timesaver and big helper on the second block with all those small turn-overs.
One quarter of the block is done!!
Here all four quarters are done and laid out before sewing them together.
And there you go, all done. There was a lot of fabric to work with, so it makes the block pretty thick. Maybe I won't need to use batting by the time this is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment