Quilting Bloggers

Quilting Bloggers Logo

Friday, October 12, 2012

Peg Board Organizing

Yes, more organizing!  I desperately needed a decent area for my thread.  I've seen organizing tips all over the web and Pinterest is my 'shiny'.  I get sucked in and get lost easily.  You know what I mean, right?

Mine isn't as perfect as others, but it is better than it was!   I had found this old thread thingie at Goodwill one day and figured I could use it.  It was broken so I wasn't able to use it to its full capacity, so it became a place to stack my thread.






Yeah, so not working for me.


I went out and raided left over items in the garage that hadn't been cut up or needed for the basement redo.

Pegboard, yay!!  Glue Gun, double yay!! And then removing those huge plastic pegs on that eyesore thread holder.  They were the right size, imagine that!
I had to go out and buy some wooden dowels to finish it off.  The large pegs hold the thread cones, which is nice.  I should have painted it or something, but what the heck.  Right now it works and that is all it is required to do!

TIP on the dowels.  Take thread with you to the hardware store and the size of the dowel will fit right in the center of the spool.

TADA!!





No comments:

Post a Comment